- Thursday March 23rd - Math IAR testing day 2
- Tuesday March 28th - Topic 12 (Decimals) Test
- April 3rd - 7th - Spring Break!
- Monday April 10th - Topic 12 Test Corrections Due
- Students will be practicing comparing decimals, ordering decimals, and rounding and estimating decimals, as well as working with money.
- You can help your child greatly in math this year by practicing their multiplication facts (even just 3-5 minutes a day will make a huge difference). I find just using regular flash cards through 12x12 is best, but there are also many apps that can help if your child has a phone or iPad.
- Students take on the role of systems engineers for Ergstown, a fictional town that experiences frequent blackouts, and explore the reasons why an electrical system can fail. Students apply what they learn to choosing new energy sources and energy converters for the town, and then they prepare arguments for why their design choices will make the town’s electrical system more reliable.